Permanent makeup is a cosmetic technique which employs tattoos as a means of producing designs that resembles makeup, such as eye-lining and other permanent enhancing colours to the skin of the face, lips and eyelids. Ink is implanted in the top layers os the skin but not as deep as a regular tattoo. Numbing cream is used in most places to help keep you comfortable during the proceedure.
- Do not work out 24 hours before proceedure
- NO alcohol or caffeine 24 hours before proceedure
- avoid sun and tanning one week prior to proceedure.
- Do not take Asprin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Advil/Ibuprofen 24 hours before proceedure.
- Avoid power chases and power greens, Fish oil, and “Hair, Skin, Nail” supplements 24 hours prior to procedure.
- Discontinue Glycolics, Chemical Peels and Retin-A 4 weeks prior.
- Refrain from use of any Alpha Hydroxy Acid (AHA) products close to the eyebrow area 2 weeks prior to and 2 weeks after your proceedure. Check your moisturizer, face wash, BB or CC creams and makeup primers for anything that says acid.
- No brow waxing or tinting one week before
- Please note: You will be more sensitive during your menstrual cycle as well.
- You have to be off any kind of Accutane for 1 year. NO EXCEPTIONS!
- No Latisse (on lashes or brows) for minimum of 3 weeks prior to permanentEnt eyeliner or brow.
- For permanent eyeliner, eyelash extensions must be removed 3-5 days prior.
- Fillers should be done six weeks prior to scheduled proceedure or six weeks after procedure.
- Botox should be performed two weeks prior to scheduled procedure or two weeks after.
Cold Sores and Fever Blisters:
In the case of permanent lip colour, cold sores and fever blisters MUST be treated. If you get cold sores or have ever had one in the past, you will need an antiviral prescription from your doctor before lip procedure. Physicians usually instruct to take it 2 days before as this procedure will bring out the virus if not medicated beforehand.
If you have oily skin, results will appear softer and may require additional procedure.
Preparing the skin:
To prepare the skin, you will need to cleanse the area free of makeup. Clean with baby-wipes, makeup remover or apply antibacterial soap with a Q-tip to remove any excess skin oils.
PMU can be a painful procedure. However, there are great numbing solutions for beforehand, during and after that can be used for comfort throughout your PMU procedure.
There will be an epithelial crust that forms in the days following the procedure. This crust is a combination of fried pigment and plasma that forms externally. It is important that you do not pick it. Picking the crust will result in a loss of pigment. The crust will fall off naturally within a few days. For the first few days following the procedure, the area will feel similar to that of a sunburn. A topical ointment can help soothe the area. Apply ointment twice daily. This will soothe the area, keeping it moist and helping it heal properly.
Follow this daily regime:
- Do not touch the treated area unless applying ointment. No scratching, rubbing, or picking of the treated area.
- Be cautious around the area (such as pulling clothing over your head).
- Do not apply makeup on treated are until healed.
- Apply ointment 1-3 times a day on treated area until peeling comes off; normally 5-7 days. (Again do not peel the area yourself, let this fall off naturally)
- Artificial tears may be used if needed but not recommended.
- Touch up may be done after 4-8 weeks. The longer in between the better.
The final result of the fist treatment will be visible after 3-4 weeks when pigment will stabilize on the skin.
Outer healing completes in about 7-10 days.
Inner healing completes in 1-2 months.
1-7 days is the darkest pigment
7-14 days pigment may lighten
15-30 days the intensity of the colour increases slightly
30-62 days touch up of the pigment
During natural skin regeneration the treated area may appear lighter than the original. Even with proper aftercare, customer develop bald spots or lose origina; pigment which means the treated area looks uneven. It is absolutely normal because you natural skin regeneration is not a process that a technician can predict.
Book an Appointment
Ombre/Powder brows. $300**
Lip blush. $300**
Lash Enhancement. $200**
*Mandatory consultation for all procedures paperwork and questions will be answered at this time.
** CONNOT be booked online this will be booked no less than 1 week after the consultation.