What is a
Spray tanning is a form of self tanning (or sunless tanning) where a fine mist is sprayed onto your body. This mist contains an ingredient called Dihydroxyacetone (DHA) that interacts with your skin’s chemistry to turn it tan. This temporary effect can last from 3-7 days and is completely safe for your skin (although it doesn’t provide any protection against the sun’s rays).
1. Shower and exfoliate extensively. Focus on your knees, elbows, ankles and feet. This will give you a "clean slate" to maximize tanning results. Proper exfoliation can extend your tan by up to 3 days!
2. Exfoliating ideally should be done no less than 6 hours before your session.
3. Do not moisturize after your shower and make sure to remove makeup and deodorant before your appointment.
4. For best results, hair removal (waxing/shaving) should be done a minimum of 24 hours before your
5. wear or bring loose comfy clothing and flip flips. Avoid clothing that will cling or rub.
6. What you wear during your session is up to you! There are disposables available. If you choose to bring something to wear during your session make sure that it is dark or old a the spray will get on these articles of clothing.
7. make sure to book your spray tan 1-3 days (max) before your vacation or special event.
8 Your spray tan should be the last step in your beauty routine. Book your session after services such as lash extensions, manicures, pedicures, hair cut or coloring appointments.
Post Tan After Care
1. Do not shower, swim and avoid seating for at least 8 hours.
2. your first shower should be a gentle rinse. Pay your skin dry or air dry. Avoid rubbing your skin when you are drying. The solution has an instant bronzer and this will rinse off with your first shower. Don't panic!!!
3. Do not use body washes or soaps with sodium lauryl sulfate, fragrance or excessive chemicals. They will lighten your tan and remove it quicker.
4. Avoid exerciise, house cleaning and other activities that can make you sweat for 12 hours post tan.
5. Moisturize well after every shower.
6. avoid long hot baths, facials, exfoliations, microdermabrasions, etc.
7. Try not to use any hair removal creams, hair bleaching products, anti acne products (containing benzoyl peroxide) and pore strips.
8. Use a gentle moisturizing shower gel and avoid bath poufs.